Thursday, April 3, 2014

Blue? Purple? Coloring with Mireya!

I'll tell you a bit about Mireya. To begin with Mireya works at her peaceful home in Brooklyn New York. I think it's funny because she can make her own food or go to the lake on lunch hour without her boss being mad at her, but guess what, she is her own boss too! She taught me that teachers are important because they help you get through life, like helping you add money and  divide numbers. Let's look at it a diffrent way, so without teachers we would not be able to count the correct number of money to pay for a cheeseburger. Meanwhile we would be paying five dollars for some 25 cent Now and Laters. She said There is a difference between art and design, specifically my idea is art is showing your personality or voice. Design is like you must make this and make it this way so it can be perfect.

 Mireya said that she likes paper better than a computer because you have that freedom to spell and draw whatever you mind can think of, and a computer corrects you every time you want to do something different. I much prefer paper too, so I can do what I want to do. Not what a computer expects me to. Mireya was wanting to be a lawyer then realized she wanted to be in graphic design. Her degree is in Bachelors of fine arts. I would say that is very interesting. She says that people can be interested in various of things, like how I'm interested in fashion design.

For example I might be interested in design, and my friend wants to be a dance teacher.  She went to the arts center In Pasadena California. I think it is wonderful that they don't just focuses on graphic design. They focus on every design you can think of. They do different kinds of art like transportation design making cars. You name it they have it.

For Mireya she has two parts to her job, doing buissness  and making the designs. Did you know that Mireya is a very successful  buisness woman? It is interesting to me how she stays afloat without piling up all of the papers. Mireya focuses on what people like, so for instance she thinks babies will like something that has bright colors. She's right, babies do like a lot of bright colors. I can expect elementary school kids to love rainbows and baby blue. Most people like the color baby blue right? Right!

If you look at it this way you see Mireya taught me a life long lesson. One, be yourself. It does not matter what other people want you be. Be what you want to. Two, do what you love. Like I love art and design. I should not be doing what my friend likes, do what I like. Although it is true you should not be something your not. Three, accept. People don't need to accept you for being cool. Be accepted for what you are. Like people  don't judge a book by it's cover.  I think that is a good saying, because you might not like what the cover looks like but you probaly like what it's about.




No comments:

Post a Comment